Self-referral Options at Independence
People pay for hair stylists they like. They pay for meals out, vacations, spa visits and numerous other non-necessities. They pay for courses, legal and financial advice, professional car repairs and many other things that help them move ahead in life.
Why not take that attitude to dealing with work-life disruption associated with injury or disability?
Maybe you’ve been injured off the job so WCB is not available. Maybe you have a child with a disability or health condition approaching adulthood who is nervous about making the leap to independence. Maybe you are a person who lives with some challenges who is going to be a parent, or who wants to see how to make a new career possible.
Maybe your previous career was so demanding, or your workplace became so difficult, that you just need some time to breathe and consider your options with the guidance of a trained professional.
The services at Independence Incorporated can help in all of these situations.
With our expert guidance we can help you:
- Figure out how to get around any ongoing limitations that may affect work choices
- Understand the opportunities and resources that are available to help with life changes
- Talk with someone who is both a trained professional and someone who has “been there”
- Learn about benefits you may be entitled to and make applications for them.
- Get your “mojo” back, by finding what you love and developing a strategy for linking it and your work life into a satisfying blend.
The names of our services are things like Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation and Return to Work consulting, as well as Financial Information Consulting and Professional Peer Support. But at the heart our focus is to put wind under your wings, to foster your confidence and ability so that you can more easily move forward to the next phase.
Have a look at our website: www.indep.ca/services-we-provide, and then give us a call for a free 15 minute consultation.
Independence Incorporated Services to Individuals: getting you back to your self-defined life.
|Independence Incorporated Rehabilitation and Return to Work Consulting
B1 – 90 Garry St.
Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Consulting
36 Main St.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Clinical Care Manager/Rehabilitation Consultant
Independence Incorporated is a long-standing Rehabilitation and Return to Work company operating in the province of Manitoba, with offices in Winnipeg and Erickson.
We are seeking a mobile CLINICAL CARE MANAGER/REHABILITATION CONSULTANT with a unique set of skills and training to expand our services in the Brandon area. The Clinical Care Manager will serve as the clinical expert, supporting the client, his or her social networks, medical services providers and re-employment team.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Both a BN and RN designation, or a MSW or MOT, and be eligible for practice in the Province
- Experience in rehabilitation, with strong emphasis on mental health issues
- Skills in organizing an effective team of supports around an individual to ensure efficient care
- An aptitude for organization, quality reporting, recognizing challenges and opportunities and being able to work with them
- The ability to establish rapport and effective communications with clients, adapting for personality, disability-related challenges, availability of personal resources and other factors
The incumbent will work in individuals’ homes quite often, though office space is available in Erickson and in Brandon to book as needed.
The position will be contract to start, with an expected transition to full time within three months. Independence Incorporated offers a complete set of benefits and competitive compensation.
Learn more about Independence Incorporated at www.indep.ca
If this position interests you, please send a resume with cover letter highlighting your fit for this position to Victor Andres, CEO, at email@example.com. Resumes may also be faxed to 204-478-6677.
We welcome Heather Howdle as our first physiotherapist at our new clinic in Erickson, Manitoba.
- Physiotherapy Treatment
- Acupuncture integrated with Active exercise therapy
- Acute and Chronic Pain Management and Education
- Post-operative Joint Replacement Rehabilitation
- Independent Physical Examinations
- Permanent Impairment Assessments
- Functional Job Demand Level Evaluations
- Return to Work Planning & Coordination
- External Case Management
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP)
- Rehabilitation Consulting
HOURS – 8 AM to 4 PM Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Closed on weekends
To make a physiotherapy appointment in our Erickson clinic, please call us at 1-866-605-1415
Direct Billing available to the following companies:
* Blue cross
We accept the following customer payment methods: cash, credit cards, debit cards and checks with ID.