Financial Information Consulting at IndependencePosted by
The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada has defined financial literacy as having the knowledge, skills and confidence to make sound financial decisions. Sadly, many people are uncomfortable with their abilities in these areas.*
This is especially important for people in career transition. Needing to take time off for recovery from an injury or incorporating a new reality of a disability or health condition into one’s life can bring financial issues into stark relief.
Recognizing this, Independence Incorporated has created the position of Financial Information Consultant. Zanna Joyce, who has many years of experience in coaching individuals and groups toward achieving goals, and specific experience as a financial literacy educator for over 8 years, is available to provide support in the following areas:
- Assistance with dealing with the financial consequences of a new disability or health condition, or of transitioning from one stage of life to another.
- Assistance with making effective applications for financial and tax benefit programs, including:
- Canada Pension Plan Disability
- Disability Tax Credit
- Manitoba Caregivers Tax Credit
- Manitoba disability and age-related income programs
- Other programs that may apply to your situation
- Consultation on other financial programs, bursaries etc. that may be available to help individuals adjust to their changed situation.
Practicality, efficiency and attention to important details mark her work in preparing reports and applications for a variety of benefits, whether aiding individuals to access benefit programs, to helping community organizations apply for financial grants.
In addition to the work Zanna does to help people address their financial questions, she is also a member of Career Professionals of Canada, and is able to assist people with resume development, job search techniques, market research and interview coaching on a fee for service basis.
Services are available by email, toll-free telephone or Skype, to anywhere in the province.
Contact Zanna at:
Services available by phone, toll free at 1-866-605-1415
- Reference: https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/programs/financial-literacy/financial-literacy-history.html