Victor Andres, RN BN
President & Founder
Rehabilitation Consultant/PGAP Clinician
As President of Independence Incorporated, Victor maintains an active and varied caseload, assisting clients with the management of complex medical, rehabilitation and return to work issues. Services delivered include:
- counselling individuals as they adjust to disabilities and the resulting impact on their ability and/or inability to work
- coordination of programs of rehabilitation including arranging specialized assessments, and facilitating the resulting recommendations
- consensus and team building amongst key stakeholders in the return to work process, including employees, employers, care providers and insurers
Over the past 26 years as a Registered Nurse, Victor has become well known in the community for his client focused and comprehensive approach to disability case management. He brings a unique perspective and ability to assess and remove barriers to recovery and return to work plans. This includes facilitating a wide range of return to work scenarios despite inherently complex rehabilitation challenges. Services provided in English and Victor is also fluent in Spanish.
Kathleen Moore, RRP, B.A
Rehabilitation Consultant/PGAP Clinician
Kathleen is a Registered Rehabilitation Professional with the Vocational Rehabilitation Association Canada (VRA). Her educational background focuses on conflict resolution, psychology, and adult education. She has:25+ years’ experience in the private rehabilitation sector
- 33 years experience providing case management/crisis counselling in the public insurance sector
- Providing rehabilitation services for a client population with the following disabilities: physical, psychological/psychiatric, traumatic brain injury, developmental and learning
- Experience working with clients in crisis (i.e., suicidal or threatening)
- Kathleen has extensive experience providing the following services:Through the Progressive Goal
- Attainment Program (PGAP) assist individuals in resuming their participation in activities that once gave their life a sense of meaning and purpose
- Cost effective, time conscious and goal oriented rehabilitation plans
- Return to work planning and facilitation
- Mediation & Conciliation as party of a return to work plan
- Vocational rehabilitation assessments
- Employment/career counselling
- Job search assistance
- Resume preparation & interview coaching
- Work experiences, employability assessments, job shadows and informational interviews
- Transferable Skills Analysis (TSA)
Lisa Borchert, B.A., RVP
Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
Lisa Borchert BA., RVP
Lisa is a Registered Vocational Professional (RVP) through the Vocational Rehabilitation Association of Canada. (VRA). She is also a professional Career and Employment Counselor with over 16 years’ experience coaching diverse individuals moving into meaningful employment. Lisa is currently the President of VRA Canada Manitoba Society.
Lisa maintains a strong focus on the client overcoming barriers, creating work/life solutions and achieving results. Lisa has extensive experience providing the following services:
- Vocational Assessments
- Transferable Skills Analysis / Labour Market Reports
- Return to Work planning / Career Exploration / Career Development
- Arranging / Monitoring volunteer and work placements
- Developing job search strategies / supporting clients through the job search process
- Employment maintenance
- Creating effective resumes and cover letters
A Certified Trainer and Instructor, Lisa is an Instructor in computer and job search classes through the Winnipeg School Division. Lisa has written and trained courses in business management, life skills, computer skills and industry-specific skills. As a workshop facilitator, her seminars have included job search, interview skills, skills analysis and an interactive women’s self-esteem seminar.
Continuing education includes Professional Leadership and Development, Adult Learning and Literacy and Conflict Resolution. A double Bachelor’s degree in English and History provide a strong background in writing and research.
We look forward to Lisa assisting your clients in the vocational rehabilitation process.
Matthew Benedet, O.T. Reg. (MB)
Rehabilitation Consultant/PGAP Clinician
Matthew is an Occupational Therapist registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
Matthew graduated from the University of Manitoba and has experience in occupational assessments, return to work and rehabilitation.
As a member of the Independence Inc. team, Matthew is taking referrals for:
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Personal Care Assessments
- Physical Demands Analysis
- Return to Work Planning
- Permanent Impairment Assessments
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP)
Colin brings to the team a unique complement of both professional experiences having worked in many rehabilitation capacities with the Canadian Paraplegic Association, as well as personal experiences related to being Paraplegic since birth.
Colin is now accepting referrals for the following services including:
- Peer to Peer adjustment counseling
- Consultation on mobility options / equipment
- Rehabilitation and Wellness Coordination
- Career and education exploration
- Accessibility Consulting
Outside of the office, Colin is a Paralympic athlete in the sport of wheelchair racing. He is decorated with 4 World Championship Medals, countless Canadian Championship titles as well as a Paralympic Bronze medal from the 1996 Atlanta Paralympic Games. Having 4 Paralympics under his belt, he is currently vying to qualify for his 5th and final Games in Rio 2016! See http://www.rbc.com/communitysustainability/community/olympic-sponsors/pdf/mb-mathieson.pdf
Colin looks forward to working with you and your clients!
Telephone: (204) 478-6644
Fax: (204) 478-6677
Rebecca Harasym came to Independence Inc. with valued experience both in the public healthcare system as well as the commercial sector. As the Administrative Assistant for Independence Inc., Rebecca is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services in order to ensure ongoing effective and efficient operations for staff and customers alike. The utmost professional, Rebecca has proven herself to be an integral member of the growing team at Independence Inc. Please feel free to contact Rebecca at any time with any questions or concerns.
Camille is an Occupational Therapist registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
She has experience with: orthopedics, cognitive assessment, functional assessment, home assessment, rehabilitation, discharge planning, and chronic pain management.
Camille is able to provide:
- personal care assessments
- home assessments
- permanent impairment assessments
- worksite assessments
- ergonomics assessments
- return to work planning
Zanna Joyce, BA
Financial Information Consultant
Zanna joined Independence Incorporated in 2017. She brings with her over 30 years of experience in helping people to reach their goals, with 8 in the area of financial literacy and access to benefits.
Services Zanna will provide include:
- Assistance with dealing with the financial consequences of a new disability or health condition, or of transitioning from one stage of life to another.
- Assistance with making effective applications for financial and tax benefit programs, including:
- Canada Pension Plan Disability
- Disability Tax Credit
- Manitoba Caregivers Tax Credit
- Manitoba disability and age-related income programs
- Other programs that may apply to your situation
- Consultation on other financial programs, bursaries etc. that may be available to help individuals adjust to their changed situation.
Practicality, efficiency and attention to important details mark her work in preparing reports and applications for a variety of benefits, whether aiding individuals to access benefit programs, to helping community organizations apply for financial grants.
Outside of work, Zanna enjoys work. A veteran community builder, she currently holds Director roles in organizations devoted to fashion and transit. Books, films and time with friends take up any remaining recreational opportunities.